It is important for us to give you the best possible opportunity to learn and improve your English.
Online Self-Study Resources
In addition to learning in class, we give you the option of using Moodle, the virtual learning environment. Your teacher will put homework and extra self-study materials on this site to help you to consolidate and build your learning:
- Grammar and Vocabulary exercises relevant to your course and extra for your level.
- Reading and Listening - online articles/clips and skills exercises.
- Writing - study about typical mistakes, organization and style.
- Speaking - pronunciation websites
Benefits of Emailing for Advice
To help you have the best learning and living experience possible, contacting us by email can be important for the following reasons:
- Sending your homework. We expect all writing homework before your next class so your teacher can give quicker feedback.
- Asking any questions if you don't understand any homework or need help with any language confusion.
- You may need advice about your life in Bristol. e.g. Where to go out, where to practise your English, how to find a new place to live.
CV, Proofreading and Personal Statement Writing Support
You may have other needs we can help you with:
- Curriculum Vitae or Personal Statement (£30 fee). Please remember that the CV style required by UK employers may be different from in your country. We will first send you a model CV and cover letter, then meet you to discuss your ideas. After you write everything, we will make further suggestions if necessary.
- Proofreading ( £18 every thousand words). We will ask you to send your piece of work so we can tell you both how much the estimated fee will be and also agree a deadline time for completion. During this process, the proofreader may ask for clarification by email if anything is not clear.
- Personal Statement (£30 fee). We can help you develop and clearly structure your ideas. We will first send you a model personal statement, then meet you, and finally assess what you have written, making further suggestions if necessary.
Date Title 20th July Colourful Language Colourful Language 20th July Colourful Answer Key Colourful Language Answer Key 9th July Gerunds and Infinitives July 9th Gerunds and Infinitives July 9 9th July Gerunds and Infinitives July 9th. Answer Key Gerunds and Infinitives July 9th Answer Key 30th June Similar meanings Words with similar meanings 30th June Similar meanings answer key Words with Similar Meanings Answer Key 16th June Word Formation Exercise Word Formation Exercise 16th June Word Formation Answer Key Word Formation Exercise Answer Key 4th June Cambridge CPE Use of English Tips http://progressenglish.net/Cambridge CPE Use of English Tips wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Last-minute-tips-for-CPE-students-2.pdf June 1st Cambride First Listening Exam Tips Cambridge First Listening Tips May 29th Cambridge First Reading Exam Advice Cambridge First Reading Exam Advice May 23rd Multi-Word verbs Answer Key Multi-Word Verbs Answer Key May 23rd Multi-word verbs Multi-word verbs May 16th Verbs and prepositions Exercise May 16th Verbs and Prepositions Answers Answers 4th May Sentences transformation- Excercise EXCERCISE 4th May Sentences transformation- Answer key Answer key 30th April Idiomatic expressions EXCERCISE 30th April Idiomatic expressions Answer key 3rd April Sentences transformation 27th March Phrasal verbs. Excercise and answer key